Monday, July 16, 2007

Alfonso's Pizza & More

3231 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, FL 32804
407.872.7324

I’ve only been to Alfonso’s a few times since they were bought out by Anthony’s Pizza about a year ago. So we went today. I always order the same thing. I get the 2 slices of pizza and a drink for 4.75. I always get green olives as my topping, because this is the only pizza joint in Orlando that has it. The waitress looked at me as though I had come for another planet. We don’t have green olives. I got the same reception when I ordered my side salad (2.75) we don’t have Thousand Island dressing.

In the few times I’ve returned since the new owners arrived the pizza has not been consistent. Most of the time the crust was so thin that it was soggy from the sauce. Today it was thicker, too thick. It also had a strange texture on the bottom side almost like they had used flour to coat their pizza split and it had burned.
My over all feeling was one of disappointment.
Other reviews:
Orlando Citysearch
Orlando Weekly
Rating: *
Service: ****
Pizza, Salad, Drink: 7.99

No comments: