Friday, February 1, 2008

Carlucci’s - dj

501 North Orlando Ave. Suite 145
Winter Park, FL 32789
“A full Service Authentic Pizza and & Trattoria”

The office went to Carlucci’s for a birthday party at lunch. There were 10 of us. We had no problem getting a table at 11:30 AM. The restaurant is decorated with photos and memorabilia of baseball greats from New York. The wait staff was pleasant and efficient.

We started with two appetizers Garlic Knots and Pizza Fries. The garlic knots were as expected warm knots of bread coated with lots of garlic and parmesan cheese. The Pizza fries were a surprise to me, although I don’t know what I expected, fries covered with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. The dish was then warmed in the pizza oven until the cheese had melted. It was then sprinkled with parmesan cheese, quite good actually.












The pizza’s arrived in good time. We had a cheese and a Carlucci’s Meat Lovers pizza. The pizza was very good. The crust was crispy on the bottom and the cheese melted perfectly. I can see why this restaurant was voted for a foodie award this year by Scott Joseph . With the decline of Alfonzo’s last year I have been looking for good pizza and I think that I have found my new favorite.


Rating: ****
Service: ****
Price: 18” Cheese Pizza $13.00

No comments: