Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tasty Wok BBQ & Noodle House - DT

My friend Mike says, “You need to try the Tasty Wok BBQ & Noodle House.” I trust Mike. So we went. He said, “Their English may be a little rough but get something in the pan fried noodle section of the menu.” So we did. He was right except their English was just fine. All of the waitresses were very kind and I’m starting to identify the Cantonese restaurants by their roasted poultry on hook display. I thought about getting the General Tso Chicken because I’m starting to crave Americanized Chinese food but, for the sake of the blog, I got the Beef with Pan-fried egg Noodle. DJ was also leaning toward the Sesame Chicken but settled on the Chicken, Pork, Shrimp with Pan-fried Rice Noodle (Mi Phen) with just Chicken. Our dishes arrived in no time. The quantities were huge and the food was hot. We switched plates since DJ’s contained egg and well I told him I didn’t know CPR. Seeing the look of concern on DJ’s face, the waitress even came over to make sure all was well. She taught me how to say egg noodle in Chinese. Don Mi. Both meals were quite good. I liked the combination of Chicken, egg, onion, scallions, sprouts and egg noodle. It was cooked in an oil that was light and buttery. The Beef dish was served with Kai-lan (Chinese Broccoli). The beef was tender in a brown sauce that was simple but tasty. The Kai-lan leafs were not over cooked and resembled spinach. Judging by how much brown sauce DJ had on his shirt, I think I can say he liked it.

Service: Excellent 5
Quantity: Enough for two.
Price: Meal/Water under $10

No comments: