Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Gonzalez y Gonzales

Gonzalez y Gonzales
3790 S Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, Nv

I should have known when I called and ask where the restaurant was located. The answer was inside New York New York next to the ESPN Zone. The restaurant was billed on the out side as Tex-Mex. They ask if I wanted to sit at the bar, I preferred a table. There was one open near the front door.

The chips were crisp, but the salsa was not that good. No heat and not that much taste. I ordered Chicken Enchiladas with beans and rice on the side. It arrived in a timely manner. The dish was presented nicely. The chicken was tender and the sauce was good, but the dish lacked something. The rice was nice the accompanying beans were as to be expected. The meals was just not as good as I would have liked.

Women’s boxing was on the TV. The view out the door was faux New York, a deli and an Italian restaurant, with “outdoor” seating. The whole experience was lacking authenticity from a local restaurant that one might visit more than once.

Service: Good
Quantity: Plenty
Meal (Supper)/Drink/Tip: $15.00

No comments: