Monday, January 28, 2008

bd's Mongolian Barbeque - CLOSED

300 S. State Road 434
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
www.gomongo.com

I didn’t feel like cooking tonight so we decided go to a new restaurant around the corner. bd’s is in the old Tony’s Roma next to Sports Authority. The restaurant opened about a month ago, while construction was being done on 434 right out front.

We walked in the front door to be greeted with a “Welcome to db’s!” this is shades for Moe’s or Captain D’s a practice that I hate.

We were seated in a nicely remodeled booth. The waiter arrived shortly to explain the menu. Basically go to the bar pick out the meats and vegetable that you want. Then go to the next station and choose one or a combination of sauces that are available they range from fajita, buffalo, to teriyaki sauce. There are 18 to choose from. After you have created your recipe you go to the Mongolian grill and have it cooked up.

While the dish I created was good, I could have easily created it for all three of us for maybe $5.00. Next time I want to spend $50.00 for a stirfry I think I’ll order King Kooker's Cajun Portable Propane Outdoor WOK. Then I can have a really good stir fry right at home.

When our waiter arrived with the check he also presented us with an electronic survey form, and asks if we would be returning. I think not. I’ll just cook a stir fry at home next time.

Rating: **
Service: ***
Price for 3 with tip $48.00

5 comments:

Mrs said...

We've actually wanted to try this place, but we're not so eager to now. What would you say was the per plate price?

dj said...

Vegetarian $12.95
Meat $13.95
Unlimite3d Trips $15.95

Anonymous said...

This place is great, basically you are in control of what you eat and the price is not bad at all! They have great bar specials as well $1 bud light drafts and 2-4-1 anything you call it!

Albert Lavigne said...

I have previously lived in Michigan and would have lunch at the local BD's often. I look forward to having one near me again when I move to Orlando in a month. The service is normally good, and for $15 all you can eat of what you want at whatever spice level you want can't be beat. To the person who posted above, this isn't McDonalds so you should not expect to pay McDonalds prices. This food is actually good.

dj said...

This restaurant has been closed for several months now. I guess I was not the only one who didn't like it.