Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Beto’s Mexican Food - dj

103 E. State Road 436
Fern Park, FL 32730
407.834.0882

Lunch time where to go? DT suggested Thai, I had it last night, Chinese we both had that yesterday for lunch. DT says how about Beto’s in Fern Park, while a little drive for us it was worth the drive.

Beto’s is located in an out building in the parking lot of Bed Bath & Beyond shopping center. According to the Orlando Weekly it has been a roast-chicken stand, a bagel place and a Chinese takeout. The decor is early fast food, I guess. Plain and simple, but clean.

The menu board is quite extensive it includes about 20 numbered plates, and then all of these ingredients are available al-cart. I could not decide between the Enchiladas Verdes and the Fish taco special. I ordered the #2 Enchiladas Verdes with two chicken enchiladas, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, and sour cream $5.39. I also ordered a side of Fish Taco $1.99. When the food came it was way too much. The tortilla shells of the enchiladas tasted as though they were homemade I did not ask them to find out. The chicken was tender, the Verde sauce was excellent not to tart from the tomatillos. The Fish Taco was also very good. It had shredded cabbage and a sweet / sour cream based sauce. The fish was fried to perfection. There was also a small salsa bar that had about 6 things on it.



This is the kind of Mexican restaurant I could eat at every day. I just wish they had glass plates instead of Styrofoam, and it was a little closer.

Rating: ****
Service:***
Price: Special + side $7.90
Open 24 Hours

What others are saying:

This years Foodies for Best Mexican Critic’s choice when to Beto's “I went .. with Beto's, which doesn't even offer table service. But for authenticity — and bargain prices — it's my choice this year.” Said Scott Joseph.
Orlando Weekly
Metromix.com

Note 1/13/2008: On a revisit with my family I found that the dishes are not always prepared the same way. We had the Fish Taco. It was missing the cabbage, and the sauce that made it so good on the last visit. Also the fish was over cooked. I will have to change my from 4 stars to 3.

No comments: